March 25, 2011

Member Spotlight

Welcome to our second edition of Member Spotlight! This week get to know Catherine Ross, Beth Greenberg, Crystal Galliher and Summer Brill.

Catherine Ross

Current Placement (2010-11): Shelter Network

What was your most memorable placement and why:
Shelter Network because it has been great to help people first-hand

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I love to garden
2. I have been to 6 continents
3. My favorite TV show is American Idol
4. I cook a mean fried egg
5. I love to do pilates

Beth Greenberg

Current Placement (2010-11): Nominating Committee
2011-12 Placement: Project Development Co-Chair

What was your most memorable placement and why:
My favorite placement was First Teachers because of the direct impact on families and the development of children.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I don't have a Middle name
2. I am a native Californian born and raised in the Bay Area
3. I love spoiling my nieces
4. Coffee, water and red wine are my three favorite beverages
5. I am about to spend a month in Italy for fun!

Crystal Galliher

Current Placement (2010-11): Home Tour Committee
2011-10 Placement: eNews Editor

What was your most memorable placement and why:
Provisional - it was a great group

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I am an identical twin
2. I listen to Country Music
3. Born in CA - Raised in Texas!
4. I Love Dogs!
5. I love to rearrange furniture

Summer Brill

Current Placement (2010-11): Communications - Web Marketing Assistant Chair/Social Media
2011-12 Placement: Communications VP

What was your most memorable placement and why:
I have to say this year serving as the Web Marketing Assistant Chair and working on the League's Social Media. I learned a new skill (when I left the workplace Twitter didn't exist!) and it also gave me the chance to get to know so many Members of the League. I also loved my Provisional year, we had a wonderful group and I made so many great friends I still have today.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. In 2002 my husband and I quit our jobs and travelled around the world for a year
2. I LOVE my label maker-I'm constantly looking for things to label
3. My favorite book of all time is "The Power of One" by Bryce Courtenay
4. Before I met my husband, I used to eat BBQ Baked Lay potato chips and Vodka tonics for dinner! He's the cook in the family
5. I ate roasted bugs in Thailand!

Thank you for sharing! Stay tuned for your next installment of Member Spotlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment