March 17, 2011

Member Spotlight

This is a new feature to our Blog as a way for us to "Get to Know Each Other" better. We posed a few questions to our Membership and will post a few of the answers on a weekly basis, so be sure to check back to get to know your fellow Leaguers better! We will feature a new set of questions at each GMM and occasionally online for you to participate, so keep an eye out for Communications!

This week, get to know Heidi Walas, Allison Felder, Chara Burnett and Cynthia Munoz:

Heidi Walas

Current Placement (2010-11): Done in a Day

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
The Done in a Day (DIAD) committee is a great way to enjoy the social aspect of the League and to support your community in a hands-on way.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I ride a motorcycle
2. I take Polish language lessons every week
3. I would love to be a crazy cat lady
4. I took car racing lessons
5. I love Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand

Allison Felder

Current Placement (2010-11): Shelter Network

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
Shelter Network - It was honestly my favorite part of my day when we had workshops - the clients were so friendly and they had great questions!

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. Going to Cambodia in 2 weeks!
2. I play the Viola
3. I love Kirkwood!
4. I volunteer at the Boys and Girls Club in San Mateo once a week
5. My cat is named after a Baltimore Oriole

Chara Burnett

Current Placement (2010-11): Sustainer Advisor - Membership Outreach
2011-12 Placement: Sustainer Advisor - Training

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
Very first placement-Enrichment, I made many good friends that year with fellow members and had a very fund social chair. Also East Palo Alto Charter School, working with 7th graders was a very cool gig! It was very inspiring and enjoyed developing curriculum.

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. Equestrian horse eventer
2. Private event planner for the past 7+ years
3. Kinder volunteer in classroom at Walter Hayes in Palo Alto
4. Host of lots of theme dinner parties - I'm a total foodie
5. Grew up in New Jersey, went to college in Vermont and lived in Boston (Beacon Hill) for 5 years


Cynthia Munoz
Current Placement (2010-11): Communications Committee
2011-12 Placement: Communications - Piper Editor

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
I've had such great experiences the past four years, but I'd have to say one of my most memorable would be my first active year with EPACS. Excited but terrified at the thought of trying to have "deep" conversations with a group of 8th grade girls, I found it to be one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had. The girls I had the pleasure of getting to know were smart, funny, thoughtful and oftentimes silly (as us girls typically can be). The connections I made with them not only taught me a lot about them and the issues they had to deal with, but also taught me a lot about myself. I enjoyed it so much I signed up for it again the next year!

Five Things You Don't Know About Me:
1. I LOVE to watch TV.
2. I've been hang gliding once.
3. I finally learned how to swim a couple of years ago.
4. I rocked the most horrific Flock of Seagulls haircut in the 80s and thought it was awesome. Unfortunately for me, pictures don’t lie.
5. If you catch me being sarcastic, that’s the real me.

Thank you for sharing ladies! Stay tuned for our next installment and get to know more of your fellow Leaguers!

Sincerely, Summer Brill (Web Marketing Assistant Chair/Social Media)

No comments:

Post a Comment