August 16, 2013

Looking for a little inspiration...

By C. Anne Vitullo, 2013-2014 Communications VP

If you’ve been reading the League’s eNews over the summer, you’ll notice that we’ve added a “thought for the week” to each eNews blast. Just a little bit of inspiration to share an idea or make you smile as you start your week.

I often turn to a couple of favorite quote collections when I’m writing--particularly if I’m looking for a focal point for my work, or a thought to get my own creative juices flowing.

My desk will often be littered with sticky notes as I gather quotes for a piece I’m writing.

Here are a few of my favorite quotations, as they relate to our work in the League:

“To make a difference is not a matter of accident, a matter of casual occurrence of the tides. People choose to make a difference.” -- Maya Angelou

“There is nothing wrong with the world that cannot be cured by what’s right with the world.” -- Bill Clinton

“We’re all here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark.” – Whoopi Goldberg

“Even if it’s a little thing, do something for those who need help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.” -- Albert Sweitzer

Beautiful thoughts, aren’t they?

What’s your favorite quotation? Share it here via our Blog – and share your inspiration with all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment