April 07, 2011

Member Spotlight!

Welcome to our weekly Member Spotlight. This week, get to know Helen Ungerman, Anne Vitullo, Brooke Lopez, Miriam Huntley and Jovita Honor.

Helen Ungerman
Current Placement (2010-11): Home Tour Co-Chair Elect
2011-12 Placement: Home Tour Co-Chair

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
Nominating - I enjoyed meeting so often. It really allowed me to get to know each of my fellow Committee Members and establish a team.

Five things you don't know about me:
1. I am musical - sing & play piano
2. Give me a cup of coffee and I'm high all day!
3. I worked with J.Lo in the music biz!
4. I love to hike
5. I'm a sucker for a dirty martini, extra olives please!!


Brooke Lopez
Current Placement (2010-11): First Teachers Co-Chair

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
1st year on Children's Place. Being a child of an addict, I learned things I didn't even know I needed to learn at our training. It was emotionally hard, but it made me stronger.

Five things you don't know about me:
1. I'm terrified of snakes
2. I believe toilet paper rolls out top
3. Brooke is my middle name
4. I once touched a killer whale
5. I can't sleep with the closet door open


Miriam Huntley
Current Placement (2010-11): Nominating Chair
2011-12 Placement: Member Resources

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
My favorite placement has been any placement with Ansley Jentz. Without the Junior League, we would not have met and we became good friends!

Five things you don't know about me:
1. I'm intensely loyal
2. In wintertime, I get pedicures in CRAZY colors, much to the delight of my three year old girl!
3. I've known my husband more than half my life
4. I've never been to Tahoe
5. My 7 year old boy thinks I have eyes in the back of my head.


Anne Vitullo
Current Placement (2010-11): 2010-11 Board of Directors

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
I loved serving as chair of the Shop Committee where we helped to set a new record of funds raised for the League.

Five things you don't know about me:
1. I grew up in Niagara Falls, New York
2. In high school, I was the statistician for the varsity football team
3. In college, I was a sweetheart of Sigma Chi
4. My husband grew up in Hawaii - and I'm now Hawaiian by adoption
5. I make really good spaghetti sauce!


Jovita Honor
Current Placement (2010-11): Provisional/Endowment
2011-12 Placement: Finance VP

Please share your most memorable placement and why:
Provisional - had the opportunity to meet many Members and work closely with the Committee. It also stretched my skills.

Five things you don't know about me:
1. I'm not artistic, I can't even draw a stick figure
2. I'm shy with new people
3. I have a motorcycle license and used to own a motorcycle
4. I learned to swim in my late 20's so I could go snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef
5. I was named after my grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment