September 01, 2011

Member Spotlight: What's in Your Bag, Group 6

This week get to know...


Kate Lasisz Michales
2011-12 Placement: DIAD

What’s in your bag? Phone, wallet, sunglasses and calendar.

What has been one of your favorite league events? Fashion show in SF which benefited La Casa De Las Madres.

Describe the League in 3 words: Dedicated, making a difference, supportive.

Name a fear you’ve overcome and how you did it: Presenting in front of senior engineers. I had it all rehearsed and added some math/geeky fun facts that they loved and even had a laugh about it.

Did you meet any new league members last year? I met Amy Truel at the May GMM.


Michelle Altick
2011-12 Placement: Home Tour

What’s in your bag? Wallet, phone, pashmina, water bottle, lots of keys, dry cleaning ticket, head band for gym, gym card and money for champagne.

What has been one of your favorite league events? The annual dinner! We planned it and it was the culmination of our service to the league.

Describe the League in 3 words: Service, friends, philanthropy.

Name a fear you’ve overcome and how you did it: Opening up my own law practice was a fear, but I did it by using resources (SCORE at Chamber of Commerce), talking to others and reaching out for help when I needed it.

Did you meet any new league members last year? Everyone on my committee was new to me since I transferred from San Diego.


Kenzie Ferguson
2011-12 Placement: Project READ

What’s in your bag? My big binder from Finishing Touches Home Tour that I used when I was Treasurer.

What has been one of your favorite league events? Home Tour Rocks!

Describe the League in 3 words: Women, buzzing, together.

Name a fear you’ve overcome and how you did it: Heights. I jumped off the high dive over and over.

Did you meet any new league members last year? Helen Ungerman, Call Griffith and Courtney Charney.

No comments:

Post a Comment