December 05, 2010

What a wonderful kick-off to the Holidays!

By Summer Brill

The Finishing Touches Home Tour & Boutique was spectacular. Congratulations to Home Tour Co-Chairs Kim Boyanowski and Jennie Lang and their committee for a job well done!

This is the first year I attended the Opening Night Celebration (ONC). I’ve heard so much about it but for some reason or another haven’t had the chance to go. This year I took my husband and had a great time! It was so fun to get dressed up and to visit with League friends, meet husbands and friends of friends. I discovered that a few of my friends are very lucky people! Sara Hollister and Angie Klein were big winners of the raffle that evening and I’ve decided that next year I will have them each kiss my raffle tickets before I put them in the jar!

I also discovered a great decorating idea. In the powder room, the Frye family decorated the walls with their framed Holiday cards from years past. I’m going to remember this for when I have the wall space and enough Holiday cards to fill those walls!

The ONC was held at the beautiful home of Lulu and Larry Frye. Thank you to the Frye family for their generosity!

The next day I attended the Finishing Touches Luncheon with two friends. We got a sneak peak of the Holiday Boutique and had the opportunity to win more raffle prizes (since I didn’t have Sara or Angie kiss my tickets I didn’t win!). The Menlo Circus Club was beautifully decorated and we enjoyed a delicious lunch while catching up with old and new friends! We even got to take home a mini red velvet Bundt cake!

And the big event, the Home Tour and Boutique! I took my sister and mother-in-law and we enjoyed viewing the beautiful homes on Tour. One of the homes is a LEED Platinum certified home and sends PG&E a whopping $5/month! One of the homes was a wonderful indoor/outdoor living space with rich colors and textures and the third was a beautifully remodeled 90 year old home. Afterwards, we grabbed sandwiches and cupcakes before doing some Holiday shopping at the Boutique! This is the biggest boutique I’ve seen compared to Home Tours past and we found some great gifts!

Our Home Tour is one of our main fundraisers we hold each year to fund our Community Projects and Grants. To read more about our Community Projects and Grants, click here. We are thankful to our sponsors who make this all possible, to see a list of our sponsors, please click here.

If you have a story from the Home Tour weekend or photos to share on the Blog, please email them to stories@thejuniorleague.org!

No comments:

Post a Comment