August 01, 2010

Meet our Provisional Committee Co-Chairs: Jovita Honor and Carrie Peacock


By Michelle Hostrup and Summer Brill
(Pictured: Jovita Honor)

Jovita Honor and Carrie Peacock are the fearless Co-Chairs of this year’s Provisional committee. You can meet them at the Gatehouse at one of our open houses August 7th and 25th. Here’s a brief introduction to them below. Have a great year ladies!

Register to attend an open house online at: http://www.thejuniorleague.org/paloalto/npo.jsp?pg=event&eventid=1776.

To read more about joining The Junior League of Palo Alto•Mid Peninsula, check out our website: http://www.thejuniorleague.org/paloalto/npo.jsp?pg=join5.


Jovita Honor
Why did you join the League and how long have you been an Active?
I joined the league to get involved in the community in a way that worked with my busy schedule and to meet other women. I've been an active member since 2004.

What is your fondest memory from your time in the League?
Attending the Starting Line Breakfast where the JLPAMP was recognized for starting a shelter for homeless youth over two decades prior. I was not involved at all with this project but I felt very proud to be part of a group that would create a solution to a problem they noticed at the time and that now was a big part of the community services.

What most surprised you once you joined the League?
I'm surprised by the diversity of experience among the women in this league. From medical to law to technical, etc.

What are you looking forward to this league year?
I'm looking forward to working with our committee (Provisional committee) in creating a welcoming and energizing atmosphere for our Provisional’s.

What is your favorite vacation destination?
Right now I'm fascinated with Italy having visited for the first time last year and going again this fall.

What keeps you busy when you're not doing Junior League related activities?
Building and managing my Wealth Advisory business keeps me very busy. This year I'm also a volunteer on another non-profit fundraiser that has been a wonderful experience because I'm working with other friends I've met at the Jr. League as well as sustainers I had not had the pleasure of meeting before.

What is your favorite movie of all time?
A Philadelphia Story with Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn and Jimmy Stewart.

Carrie Peacock
Why did you join the League and how long have you been an active?
I was new to the area and wanted to make friends and learn about the community. 3 years active.

What is your fondest memory from your time in the League?
In my previous league in Texas, we did a prom dress project and supplied prom dresses to less fortunate high school girls. Seeing the girls get so excited about finding the perfect dress was very heartwarming.

What most surprised you once you joined the League?
I was surprised by how many opportunities there were for me to get involved. I was also very impressed with the structure of the organization.

What are you looking forward to this league year?
Welcoming all the new provisional’s into Junior League!

What is your favorite vacation destination?
Grand Cayman

What keeps you busy when you're not doing Junior League related activities?
Spending time with my husband and 4 year old daughter.

What is your favorite movie of all time?
Seeing that I've only been exposed to kids movies in 4 years, I would say Mary Poppins.

No comments:

Post a Comment